- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Original manuscripts of the contents of The Keepsake, 1831. In the handwriting of the several authors [manuscript album].
- 1 volume (230 leaves); 26 cm.
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
A collection of twenty-two literary manuscripts by variouswriters, comprising nearly half of the content of The Keepsake for MDCCCXXXI. Submissions were sent to the editor, Frederick Mansel Reynolds, before 1831; few manuscripts are dated, but watermarks range from 1825 to 1830. Contributers include Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Lady Blessington, L.E.L., and over a dozen others.
Bound in brown half morocco over marbled boards, with spine-titling in gilt; endpapers are watermarked "1834." With the ex-libris of Roderick Terry on the front paste-down.
Additional Creator Names
- Bernal, Ralph, 1783-1854.
- Blessington, Marguerite, Countess of, 1789-1849.
- Carlisle, George William Frederick Howard, Earl of, 1802-1864.
- Carne, John, 1789-1844.
- Dover, George Agar Ellis, Baron, 1797-1833.
- Hook, Theodore Edward, 1788-1841.
- Howden, John Hobart Caradoc, Baron, 1799-1873.
- L. E. L. (Letitia Elizabeth Landon), 1802-1838.
- Lover, Samuel, 1797-1868.
- Nugent, George Nugent Grenville, Baron, 1788-1850.
- Phipps, Charles Beaumont, Sir, 1801-1866.
- Ravensworth, Henry Thomas Liddell, Earl of, 1797-1878.
- Reynolds, Frederic Mansel, d. 1850.
- Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft, 1797-1851.
- Terry, Roderick T., 1849-1933. fmo
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925