- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Lock of hair of Allegra Byron [realia].
- ca. 40 strands
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
In a letter dated 3 August 1818, Lord Byron described his eighteen-month-old daughter Allegra to his half-sister, Augusta Leigh: "...she is very pretty -- remarkably intelligent -- and a great favorite with everybody ... shehas very blue eyes -- and that singular forehead -- fair curly hair -- and a devil of a Spirit -- but that is Papa's ..." (cf. Marchand's Byron's letters and journals, v. 6, p. 62).
Controlled Access Terms
- Byron, Clara Allegra, 1817-1822 -- Relics -- Specimens.
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824 -- Family.
- Clairmont, Clara Mary Jane, 1798-1879 -- Family.
Additional Creator Names
- Byron, Clara Allegra, 1817-1822.
- Moore, Thomas, 1779-1852. fmo