- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Footage for an unfinished documentary on Ignace Jan Paderewski, 1992
- 19 videocassettes (Betacam SP) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- 1 film reel (400 ft.) : sd., b&w ; 16 mm.
Access to original items restricted; Advance notification required for use.
Collection consists of camera original video recordings shot by Lucille Carra and Duane Sherwood in 1992 for an unfinished documentary about Ignace Jan Paderewski, Polishpianist, composer, and statesman, and his concert tours ofAmerica. Includes interviews with Mieczyslaw Horszowki (shortly before his death in 1993); Henry Steinway, and Henryk Kaston (spelled variously as "Kasdan" and "Kasden" on the videocassettes). There are several video recordings (identified as "foundation graphics") containing images of various Paderewski related items (news articles, stamps, photos, drawings, etc.) from the Paderewski Foundation archives. Also included is a published film of Paderewski performing his Minuet as wellas Beethoven's Moonlight sonata.
Controlled Access Terms
- Paderewski, Ignace Jan, 1860-1941.
- Steinway, Henry -- Interviews.
- Kaston, Henryk, 1910-2010 -- Interviews.
- Horszowski, Mieczyslaw -- Interviews.
Additional Creator Names
- Paderewski, Ignace Jan, 1860-1941. Humoresques de concert. Menuet célèbre.
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827. Sonatas, piano, no. 14, op. 27, no. 2, C♯ minor.
- Carra, Lucille. dnr
- Sherwood, Duane.