Adsit, Newman Ward, 1878-1949
- .63 linear foot (2 boxes)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref.
The Burnham family traces its lineage through Jacob Burnham of Yarmouth, England, who settled in Nova Scotia in 1753. He died in Schenectady, New York. Burnham descendants settled in Pittstown, Rensselaer County, New York; Saratoga Springs, New York; and Syracuse, New York.
The papers consist of genealogical research notes and related correspondence regarding the Burnham, Williams, Sillick, Adsit, and other allied families; facsimiles of vital records; and genealogies of the Burnham and Williamsfamilies prepared by Newman Ward Adsit.
Controlled Access Terms
- Burnham family.
- Williams family.
- Nova Scotia -- Genealogy.
- Pittstown (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
- Rensselaer County (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
- Saratoga Springs (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
- Schenectady (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
Additional Creator Names
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Collection.
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.