- .13 linear foot (1 volume)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref.
The journal and orderly book belonging to John Herbert contain the orders of the First and Second Battalions of Brigadier General Timothy Ruggles Loyalist militia volunteers in 1759, in which Herbert served as Adjutant. During the French and Indian War, Ruggles' men were stationed in Albany, Saratoga, and Ft. Edward, New York.
Controlled Access Terms
- Ruggles, Timothy, 1711-1795.
- Massachusetts. Militia. Regiment, Timothy Ruggles' (1755-1763) -- Order books.
- American loyalists -- Massachusetts.
- American loyalists -- New York (State)
- Spirituality -- Personal narratives.
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 -- British forces.
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 -- Registers.
- Orderly books.
- Spiritual journals.
Additional Creator Names
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Collection.
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.