Webb, James and Joseph L. Hathaway
- .21 linear foot (1 volume)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref.
James Webb was a ship captain between at least 1801 and 1808. Joseph D. Hathaway was a merchant in Berkley, Massachusetts between at least 1820 and 1840. Account book used first by James Webb, then by Joseph D. Hathaway.Webb recorded accounts for the sloop Pheasant, schooner Concord, and brig Eliza Ann between 1801 and 1808 on voyages from Dighton, Massachusetts to the Carolinas and Jamaica. Hathaway later used the book to record accounts for his general merchandise business in Berkley between 1820 and 1840.
Controlled Access Terms
- Webb, James.
- Hathaway, Joseph.
- Concord (Ship)
- Eliza Ann (Ship)
- Pheasant (Ship)
- Accounts -- Massachusetts -- 19th century.
- Merchant ships -- United States -- 19th century.
- Merchants -- Massachusetts -- Berkley -- 19th century.
- Sailors -- United States -- 19th century.
- Shipping -- United States -- 19th century.
- Account books.
Additional Creator Name
- Thomas J. Taylor collection.