- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Fairchild collection, 1791-1927.
- 5 linear feet (7 boxes, 12 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection contains papers documenting public and private institutions and the lives of individuals in Cazenovia, N.Y. from the late 18th through the early 20th centuries. Personal papers, 1791-1927, include correspondence, accounts, legal documents, family records, and printed matter concerning John Lincklaen, Samuel S. Forman, Jonathan D. Ledyard, Ledyard Lincklaen, Sidney Fairchild, Charles S. and Helen Fairchild, and other members of localfamilies. Public and private institutional records, 1794-1868, consist of materials which chiefly document political and judicial affairs in Cazenovia and Madison County. A significant portion of the collection is the records, 1803-1877, of the Cazenovia and Chittenango Turnpike Road Company and the Third Great Western TurnpikeRoad Company.
Controlled Access Terms
- Burr family.
- Card family.
- Cazenove family.
- Ledyard family.
- Smith family.
- Stibbens family.
- Whig Party (N.Y.)
- Land settlement -- New York (State) -- Cazenovia.
- Merchants -- United States.
- Postal service -- New York (State) -- Cazenovia.
- Roads -- New York (State)
- Plank roads -- New York (State)
- Toll roads -- New York (State)
- Wool industry -- New York (State) -- Cazenovia.
- Cazenovia (N.Y.) -- History.
- Cazenovia (N.Y.) -- Politics and government.
- Madison County (N.Y.) -- Politics and government.
- New York (State) -- Economic conditions.
- New York (State) -- History.
Additional Creator Names
- Fairchild, Charles S. (Charles Stebbins), 1842-1924.
- Fairchild, Helen L. (Helen Lincklaen), b. 1845.
- Fairchild, Sidney T.
- Forman, Samuel S., 1765-1862.
- Ledyard, Jonathan Denise, 1793-1874.
- Lincklaen, John, 1768-1822.
- Lincklaen, Ledyard.
- Smith, Gerrit, 1797-1874.
- Smith, Peter, 1768-1837.
- Cazenovia and Chittenango Turnpike Road Company.
- Holland Land Company.
- Third Great Western Turnpike Road Company.