- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
European war scrapbooks, 1914-1919.
- 3 linear feet (21 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of scrapbooks of correspondence and newsclippings about World War I. Correspondence includes letters between Mrs. Edward S. Harkness and Nina Duryea, who headed the Duryea War Relief, concerning conditions inhospitals and civilian survival problems; letters of thanks from ambulance drivers and wounded soldiers; and several letters from Henrietta, Princess of Belgium.
Controlled Access Terms
- Duryea War Relief.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives.
- International relief -- Europe.
Additional Creator Names
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964.
- Harkness, Mary Stillman, d. 1950.
- Duryea, Nina Larrey, 1874-1951.
- Henrietta, Princess of Belgium.