Watt, Gregory, 1777-1804.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Davies Giddy (later Davies Gilbert), scientific administrator and applied mathematician : 1 autograph letter signed : 4 Mar 1799 : (MISC 4144) : from Soho : begins, "I sit down with pleasure to reply to your last obligng letter of which I communicated the contents to my father in town who desires me to return you his best thanks for your obliging offer of medication with the Adventures in Wheal Crenver." Written on p. [2-3] of folded lettersheet, on p.  of which is printed a price list for "patent copying machines manufactured by James Watt & Co. ..."; docketed on p. 4, probably in Giddy's hand.
Gregory Watt, son of James Watt, the Scots-born engineer and scientist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Watt, Gregory, 1777-1804 -- Correspondence.
- Watt, James, 1736-1819 -- Family.
- James Watt and Company (Birmingham, England)
Additional Creator Names
- Davies, Gilbert, 1767-1839. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925