Londesborough, Albert Denison, Baron, 1805-1860.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Lady Blessington, Irish-born writer and literary hostess : 3 letters : -- 1 autograph letter signed "AlbertConyngham" : "Wednesday" [ca. mid 1830's?] : (BLES 1.087a): from Hill St. : begins, "I send you a rather absurd little German story; it has the advantage of brevity." -- 1 autograph letter signed "Albert Conyngham" : "Thursday" [ca. mid 1830's?] : (BLES 1.087b) : from Hill St. : begins,"Upon second thought, I have made up my mind that it wouldnot do to change the era of my story; -- it would appear more ridiculous than it is already, were it supposed to beoccurring in the 16th cent.y ..." -- 1 autograph letter signed "Albert Conyngham" : 29 Nov 1835 : (BLES 1.088) : from Yedling : begins, "I have just heard from Mr. Denisonthat you have been kind enough to send a Book of Beauty for me to Pall Mall..."; includes comment on the marriage of the marriage between the Duke of Norfolk and Lady Charlotte Bury, "how on earth can they have thought of such a thing?" With the excised address panel from the letter cover. -- All letters to Lady Blessington mounted in v. 1 of the Blessington Papers. Shelved with oversized bound manuscript volumes.
Albert Denison Denison, 1st Baron Londesborough, British politician and diplomat. From 1816 to 1849 he was known asLord Albert Conyngham.
Controlled Access Terms
- Londesborough, Albert Denison, Baron, 1805-1860 -- Correspondence.
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Diplomats -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Blessington, Marguerite, Countess of, 1789-1849. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925