- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William King-Noel, Earl of Lovelace manuscript material
Lovelace, William King-Noel, Earl of, 1805-1893.
- 1 item
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To [Madera?] & [Hall?] : 1 autograph letter signed : 20Dec 1853 : (B'ANA 0528b) : from Nr. Ripley Surrey : on mourning stationery, with circular embossed printed depiction of East Horsley Tower; begins, "I asked some time back if you are get[t]ing ready any [?] cocks or hydrants ..."
William King-Noel, Earl of Lovelace, English nobleman and Lord Lieutenant of Surrey from 1840 until his death in 1893. His first wife was the computer pioneer Ada Byron, the only legitimate child of Lord Byron, the poet.
Controlled Access Terms
- Lovelace, William King-Noel, Earl of, 1805-1893 -- Correspondence.
- Lovelace, Ada King, Countess of, 1815-1852 -- Family.
- Lords lieutenant -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Name
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925