Manuscripts and Archives Division
- .1 linear foot (1 folder)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence of the Reverend Elihu Doty and his daughter, Amelia C. Doty-Dubois. Includes many letters describing life and service as a missionary in Amoy, China; letters to the Reverend John Dubois, who adopted Amelia Doty; letters, 1864-1865, to Amelia Doty-Dubois at Wurtsboro, N.Y., from her cousin Robert at and near Memphis, Tenn., discussing conditions near the end of the Civil War; and log, 1861, of daily distances made by the ship Kathay from New York to Shanghai, China.
Controlled Access Terms
- Doty family.
- Dubois family.
- Kathay (Ship)
- Missions, American -- China.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- China -- Description and travel.
- Logs (records).
Additional Creator Names
- Doty, Elihu.
- Doty-Dubois, Amelia C.
- Dubois, Robert.