Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Lord Byron, poet : 1 autograph letter signed : [June1823] : (B'ANA 0397) : [from Genoa]; regretting that he has so far failed in his "medical negotiation," but hopingthat an old physician of his acquaintance can help. With a[much later] note in the hand of Teresa Guiccioli on the final page: "Quand Lord Byron cherchait un medicin pour l'amener en Grece."
Dr. James Alexander, English physician in Genoa. In 1823 he prescribed for Byron, and advised him on some warts.
Controlled Access Terms
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824.
- Alexander, James -- Correspondence.
- Physicians -- Italy -- 19th century -- Correspondence
Additional Creator Names
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824. rcp
- Guiccioli, Teresa, contessa di, 1800-1873. ann
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925