- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Peter Stone papers, 1757-2003 (bulk 1950-2000)
Stone, Peter, 1930-2003
- 85.74 linear feet (209 boxes)
Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Peter Stone (1930-2003) was an American writer of musicals,plays, films and television shows in the second half of the twentieth century. Stone was the first writer to win an Emmy Award, an Academy Award and a Tony Award. The Peter Stone papers (1757-2003, bulk dates 1950-2000) document the professional career and personal life of Peter Stone. This collection consists mainly of scripts for Stone's works. Other materials include correspondence,publicity materials, photographs, scores, contracts and programs.
Controlled Access Terms
- Stone, Peter, 1930-2003.
- Coleman, Cy.
- Comden, Betty.
- Ebb, Fred.
- Edwards, Sherman.
- Green, Adolph.
- Kander, John.
- Yeston, Maury.
- Dramatists Guild of America.
- Motion picture authorship -- United States.
- Musical films -- United States.
- Musical theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Musicals -- Writing and publishing -- United States.
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.)
- Dramatists -- United States.
- Librettists -- United States.
- Screenwriters -- United States.
- Television writers -- United States.