World Committee for a World Constitution Convention
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 2.94 linear feet (7 boxes)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref.
The World Committee for a World Constitution was established in 1959 in Denver, Colorado. The purpose of the World Committee was to collect signatures from political leaders in every nation in support of the formation of a worldwide constitution. These efforts culminated in 1963, when the First Preparatory Congress for the World Constitutional Convention was held in Denver. The records of the World Committee for a World Constitution are composed primarily of correspondence promoting the worldwide constitution cause and requesting signatures from world political leaders in support of the cause. Additionally, this collection also contains a small amount of documentation of the committee's campaign planning, including files on travel and publicity. Materials range in date from 1959 to 1962.
Controlled Access Terms
- World Constitution and Parliament Association.
- First Preparatory Congress for the World Constitutional Convention.
- Constitutional conventions -- 20th century.
- International organization -- Societies, etc. -- 20th century.