- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Wallace Cook papers, 1889-1919.
Cook, William Wallace, 1867-1933.
- 2.5 linear feet (5 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence, copyright records, contracts and royalty statements, story outlines, and related materials. Correspondence includes letters from publishers, producers, authors' associations, literary colleagues, and fans concerning Cook's writings. Other correspondence pertains to personal matters and Cook's mining interests in Arizona. Also, lists of published stories, copyright certificates, sales statistics, royaltystatements, publishing contracts, and story outlines and character descriptions.
William Wallace Cook (1867-1933) was an American author ofwesterns, adventure stories, and other popular fiction in the form of dime novels, serials and screen and stage plays. Some of his work appeared under the pen-name John Milton Edwards.
Controlled Access Terms
- Cook, William Wallace, 1867-1933.
- Dime novels.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Arizona.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States.
- Serialized fiction -- United States.
- Western stories.
- Adventure fiction.
Additional Creator Names
- Bedford-Jones, H. (Henry), 1887-1949.
- Buffalo Bill, 1846-1917.
- Craft, P. P.
- Pawnee Bill, 1860-1942.
- Rathborne, St. George, 1854-
- Sawyer, Eugene T., d. 1924.
- Standish, Burt L., 1866-1945.
- Frank A. Munsey Company.
- Street and Smith Publications.
- Top-notch magazine.