- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Cleveland-Perkins family papers, 1830-1915.
- 10 linear feet (28 boxes).
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence, 1824-1915; scrapbooks, ca. 1844-1868, with photographs and other pictorial matter; diaries, 1828-1901, many concerned with travel in Europe and America; commomplace books; and otherpapers of the Cleveland and Perkins families. Persons represented include Henry R. Cleveland, his wife, Sarah Perkins Cleveland, and their family and descendants. Materials concern family matters, travels in Europe and daily activities.
The Cleveland and Perkins families, united through marriage, were prominent in social, literary and politicalcircles in the Boston area of Massachusetts in the 19th century.
Controlled Access Terms
- Cleveland family.
- Perkins family.
- Sewell family.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
Additional Creator Names
- Cleveland, Henry R. (Henry Russell), 1808-1843.
- Cleveland, Sarah Perkins, 1818-1893.
- Cleveland, Eliza Callahan, ca. 1839-1914.
- Doane, George Washington, 1799-1859.
- Perkins, Charles C. (Charles Callahan), 1823-1886.
- Perkins, Edward Newton Paine, ca. 1827-1899.
- Perkins, James Henry, 1825-