Free programs and exhibitions: download the current issue of NOW (PDF)
Please take a few moments to review these regulations so that your time at SIBL will be more productive:
Hours of Service
Customers should be prepared to leave the building by posted closing time. Photocopy machines, computer workstations, and restrooms shut down 10 minutes before closing. The last request for materials from the closed stacks must be made 45 minutes before closing.
Customers of SIBL must respect the rights of others. Talking is permitted in quiet, low tones READ MORE ›
SIBL Mission Statement
The Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), one of the specialized centers of The New York Public Library, commits its exceptional resources and expertise to providing open access to information in support of education, research, and entrepreneurial activities. Taking a leadership role, SIBL:
- delivers innovative information and education services that anticipate the needs of the center's constituents.
- accelerates access to networked information in science and business and provides education to encourage the public's use of digital technologies.
- builds on the breadth and depth of its global science and business collections within the context of the service program and new models of access.
- assists the public and fellow staff with information that is responsive, timely, and accurate.
- collaborates with external organizations and businesses to expand services which extend the Library's resources and enable SIBL to serve a larger audience.
- sustains an environment for the staff that nurtures creative thinking and problem solving and encourages staff development.