Do you enjoy reading good books? Do you wish you had someone to discuss them with? If so, why not join the Andrew Heiskell Library's Adult Book Discussion Group? The group meets to discuss thought-provoking books every other month on Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. in the library's first floor meeting room. All of the books we read are available as a digital talking book. Many are also available in large print and/or braille.
To participate, please call the library at (212) 206-5400, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Registration is required. Attendance is limited to 20 people, so call well in advance to sign up and tell us which format of the book you'd like. Happy reading!
Some recent selections include:
- Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
- Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurty