About the Hamilton Grange Library
The name of the Hamilton Grange branch of the New York Public Library dates to 1802, when Alexander Hamilton moved his family into a country house he called The Grange in the then-rural outskirts of New York City.
Located in what is now Harlem, the branch opened in 1907. The branch was designed in the style of an Italian palazzo by esteemed architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White and built with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. In 1970, the building was recognized as a New York and U.S. landmark. In 1975, most of the interior was renovated.
The branch houses a variety of collections that serve an ethnically diverse community. Hamilton Grange offers programs for adults, teenagers, and children; provides lifelong learning materials for new adult readers; and has meeting space for use by neighborhood groups. It is fully accessible to people who use wheelchairs.
Community District Information
For more information about your Community District, including census data, community board information, local schools and other resources, see here.